Glavna 52 / Main Street 52
SUBSCRIBE TO NEWSLETTERSUBSCRIBE TO NEWSLETTERDo you want to receive notifications?
* On May 25, 2018, a new general regulation for the protection of personal data (GDPR) came into force, obliging Gallery-Museum Lendava to obtain your explicit permission to use your address. We will protect your personal information and your address carefully, and in accordance with the law, we will not use it for other purposes or surrender it to a third party.
You can unsubscribe anytime by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
RETROSPECTIVE EXHIBITION on the occasion of the 50th International Fine Arts Colony Lendava
Dear art lovers!
On the occasion of International Museum Day, the Gallery – Museum Lendava invites you to the opening of the retrospective exhibition on the occasion of the 50th Lendava International Art Colony, which will take place on Wednesday, 18 May 2022, at 7 pm at the Lendava Castle.
The opening of the exhibition will be followed by a jazz concert with Muddy Shoes Band feat. Horváth Misi.
50 – Mosaics from the history of the International Fine Arts Colony in Lendava
The 50th international fine arts colony will take place this August. The fine arts colony is as old as Gallery and Museum Lendava and has been an important essential art event in the city and region ever since its creation. Its most important aspect has always been that the civil society always supported its organization and implementation. Our institution organizes multiple events to commemorate this anniversary, the most important being this specific exhibition. Its purpose is to present the history of the fine arts colony and the participating artists and show the unique collection created as part of it.
The fine arts colony, whose beginnings date back to 1973, underwent a plethora of changes throughout the years, which is reflected in the collection’s diversity – it represents all branches of art, from paintings to woodcut graphics and sculptures. Initially, the painting was at the forefront, but new art branches and genres were added: intarsia, small plastic arts, graphic arts, and textile arts. Many sculptures created within the fine arts colony were made to be presented in the public places of Lendava, so both the local population and visitors could get well acquainted with these works of art.
The most significant milestone was indubitably the year 2005, when the casting bronze technique was first featured as part of the fine arts colony. Since then, it has been the only technique participating artists use to create.
The fine arts gallery was not only defined by an utter openness towards materials and art branches but also by the organizers never restricting the artists with any formal or motif-related imperatives. The organizers have strived towards an international nature ever since its first iteration. Thanks to artists from various countries, a truly global collection encompassing hundreds of artefacts was created, so presenting the collection in its entirety seems almost impossible.
Thus, the present exhibition is the selection of the most representative parts of its history, which includes the presentation of the collection itself and the diversity of its distinctive techniques, motifs, and styles.
Additionally, or rather in parallel with this, the exhibition outlines the most critical stages in the life and development of the fine arts colony.
Atilla Pisnjak art historian and the curator of the exhibition
IN THE MEDIA
- Vestnik: Retrospektivna razstava ob petdeseti Mednarodni likovni koloniji Lendava (19 May 2022)
- Lendavainfo: Ob včerajšnjem Mednarodnem muzejskem dnevu in letošnji 50. mednarodni likovni koloniji predstavili prehojeno pot (19 May 2022)
- Lendavainfo ‒ FOTO: Retrospektivna razstava ob 50. mednarodni likovni koloniji Lendava ter nastop jazz skupine Muddy Shoes Band feat. Horváth Misi (19 May 2022)
- Népújság: A múlt, ami kötelez (25 May 2022)
- RTV SLOVENIJA – Oddaja Kultura: Razstava o lendavski likovni koloniji (6 June 2022)